It is a well known true that each action has its reaction. If we think about people and their impact on the environment, we can be at the same time amazed and horrified. Littering can be seen in every corner of the world. There are everywhere illegal dumping grounds… What can we do and how can the spreading of waste be slowed down? What are some methods of dumping?
The word refuse means waste matter. It may be dry refuse or liquid waste (water unmixed with human excreta). Sewage is a combination of liquid waste water and the human excreta in the sewer.
Sanitation: The word Sanitation comes from a French word “Sanita” which means cleanliness. It may be personal which is called- personal hygiene; cleanliness of the surrounding is called environmental sanitation.
The essentials of sanitation are the following:
(I) Safe water supply.
(2) Sanitary disposal of all types of refuse.
(3) Food and milk sanitation, including kitchen sanitation.
(4) Healthful housing principles.
(5) School Sanitation.
(6) Factory sanitation.
(7) Sanitation of fairs, camps and public transport.
(8) Sanitation of hostels and restaurants.